Thursday, April 24, 2003

We had a great night out! Having said that, after approx 1/2 bottle of beer it was obvious I shouldn't be drinking on these tablets so I switched to water for the rest of the night...

We started at a Scandanavian restaurant that I loved and Jen hated, and followed it up with a live Thai band who were actually really good. They were meant to be on stage at about 10pm but at 9.59 (ish) the heavens opened (and I mean opened - akin to a years worth of rain back home) thus we stayed in the bar until around midnight and by then had listened to 'The Doors', 'Guns 'n' Roses' and others all sung by a Thai who sounded better than a number of English lead singers I could mention...It was really good to see Helen and Rich again - we all get on really well as a group and have agreed to meet up definitely in Sydney (a Bondi beach BBQ on my birthday (how's that for aliteration!!) and possibly Malaysia before that. I have to say after last night's rain I am no longer jealous of their 5 nights on a boat...Good luck guys!

Today is a nothing day - we're going to lounge by the pool and probably head out on a kayak later and do some snorkelling. Ear is about 95% now so we're probably off diving the wreck of the 'King Cruiser' tomorrow.

No comments: