Thursday, July 17, 2003

State of Origin turned out to be, if not a damp, a very soggy squib. The Blues lost 36-6 and thanks to Jen persuading me to wear my new Blues shirt I got a fair amount of (fairly good natured) abuse from Maroons fans. Good job I took a zip-up top to wear on the way home!

We've arrived in Darwin following a 4 hour flight (with additional hour delay thanks to some idiot not getting on the flight despite their baggage already being on it...I mean just what type of person does this???), and it's a little hot. Now I like it warm, but I don't like it this warm. There's warm and there's warm...(bit of Peter Kay for you there) and indeed it is bloody hot again but then we are back in the tropics...only a few hundred miles from Indonesia. Darwin appears quite laid back and less backpackery than the East coast. Our Kakadu tour starts tomorrow and we've got a full group of 9 people (&guide) going so should be fun. They've closed the area we were meant to swim 700m (Twin Falls) due to a newly discovered, and now resident, crocodile. Nice! Providing we survive you'll be sure to get a blow by blow account sometime Monday evening/Tuesday morning!

No comments: