Monday, January 13, 2003

This will probably be the last entry for a while - we are off at about 4.30am tomorrow to catch the 6.30 flight to Heathrow from Manchester. Yesterday was Jen's birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! For lunch we went to our local pub for a bite to eat and then bade farewell to the friends that had remained from the night before. In the evening we went out a lovely meal at The Waltzing Weasel which is a top notch eaterie...Jen's parent's (Richard and Lynn), Jen's sister (Rachel), Rachel's boyfriend (Sandeep) and me and my brother (Patrick) all went. The food was fantastic (as usual), we didn't manage to get a picture of all of us - but we did of Jen's family.



(l-r) Rachel, Richard, Jennifer, Lynn)

Following dinner we arrived back and packed up the TV and some other stuff that Richard and Lynn are looking after for us...and said (pretty emotional) goodbyes. Richard and Lynn have been incredibly supportive over the last 2/3 months as have Jan and Ken (my parents) and, along with my brother who is dropping us at the airport and taking care of things while we are away we could not have done all this without them - so THANK YOU!! I said a very emotional goodbye to my doggy who tried to lick me to death. I'll let you decide whether my eyes are red due to the camera or tears...

No comments: