Saturday, March 22, 2003

Our last night in Hoi An - got our suits and bags - all good stuff. Went to My Son - not particularly spectacular but looked good against the backdrop of the jungle, still it was an interesting couple of hours or so and worth the trip out. Most of the bigger, interesting towers were destroyed by the Yanks in the war...

On the health front, ear is fine (relief!) but I'm currently really bunged up with a godawful cold and am on a mega-dose of Penicillin again - trying to shift it before we hit Hong Kong. My brother finished our parcel land uploaded loads of stuff top the MP3 - unfortunatley the whole of Abba Gold amongst them...I had no say in that one. Have got the whole of the second series of The Office and Phoenix Nights so I'm pretty chuffed - cheers Pat.

We're off on a 15 hour train trip (and that's the quick train!) tomorrow - all the way up to Hanoi. Once again we're sharing a 4-berth with 2 complete strangers...should be in Hanoi for about 5am on Monday. We're booked into a guesthouse who, yet again, are picking us up from the station so should save hassle when we arrive.

Aside from My Son (pronounced Meee Sohn by the way not 'My Son' as in 'Alright My Son' cockney sparrar.....) have had a pretty chilled day and evening. Met an Aussie guy who's a sports nut so he's promised to take us to some rugby league/aussie rules when we arrive over there...

No comments: